Trinity Square with its strong Renaissance roots was built as an observatory in 1574. City tower has a square floor plan and eight floors.
The observation deck is situated at a height of 29m and the total height of the tower is 57m. The upper deck and corners are decorated with illusionary rectangles and a gilded statue of the Virgin Mary Immaculate, at the top of the baroque dome.
The clockwork in the tower dates back to 1729 and operates five dials, the bells, built-in 1692 strike on every quarter-hour and hour. The only preserved sundial in the city is situated on the southern facade of the tower.