The Basilica is one of the most characteristic features of Trnava and was built between 1380-1421.
The Gothic three-lane basilica with two-tower façade and baroque chapels has eight high windows in the sanctuary with stone traces and colored stained glass. The oldest altar is the early Baroque Altar of All Saints (1659).
In the baroque chapel of the Virgin Mary of Trnava is a gracious image that makes Trnava famous as a pilgrimage destination. In the side chapels, there are rare Renaissance and Baroque epitaphs of the Archbishops of Strihim. The Roman ossuary – the oldest sacred building in Trnava, was discovered on the south-eastern side of the presbytery of Basilica of St. Nicolaus.